This is me

I am a child of God first, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I hope that you enjoy this tool I'm using to discover more about myself!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Starting out...

This has been something on my mind a lot lately, starting a blog...  but then I thought, who will care what I'm writing or what I have to say.  It's sad, but in a world of facebook and twitter, have we kind of forgotten to communicate?  I know personally, I will sit down and read through the news posts to see what's going on - but don't reach out as often as I should.  In talking to a dear friend of mine yesterday, I realized she was right about something.  If facebook is my sole source of contact with people I care about, then something has gotten lost along the way.  We live in a world of instant - instant food, instant communication, and sadly sometimes instant faith.  Personally, I have begun to want more out of life - more spiritually, more personally, and just M O R E!  It's up to me to change things, it's up to me to make it happen and I think today will start that.  It is time for me to reach my full potential and be a better example for my beautiful daughter who is one of God's biggest blessings in my life (will tell her story at a later date) - here she is :
She didn't ask to be brought into this world, but God has a purpose and a plan for her life.  It is up to me and Glen to make sure she realizes that potential.  (okay, time to get off the soapbox )


When I sat down to start this today, I didn't think I'd have much to say, but surprisingly, this has been very easy. I'm sure I'll fine tune it later, but this is a good start.... this is me!

1 comment:

  1. Joelle, welcome to the blogworld! I'm looking forward to following your blog. I know you will enjoy it. I love how insightful your very first post is. Made me stop and think about a few things...

    ReplyDelete